Sunday, 5 August 2012
An easy recipe for a lazy Sunday, great for those less accomplished in the kitchen. Oh and you can spread the cream cheese mixture onto bagels for breakfast if you fancy.
1 pack digestive biscuits
150 g melted butter
250g marscapone cheese
200 cream cheese
100g icing sugar
100g caster sugar
1 pack of blueberrys
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. In a pan gently heat the caster sugar with 3 tbsp of water until it is a syrup like consistency. Add the punnet of blueberry's and stir on a low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set to one side.
2. Crush the digestives in a bowl with a rolling pin or blitz in the food processor.
3. Mix the digestives in with the melted butter and then press mix into a greased round cake tin (preferably with a removable bottom) Put into the fridge to set for 30 mins.
4. Beat the cheeses with the icing sugar and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
5. Sieve the blueberry's but keep the juices. Stir half the blueberry's into the cheese mixture.
6. Spread the cheese topping onto the biscuit base and top with the remaining blueberry's and juices. Leave to set in the fridge over night.