I have been hankering after chocolate. I tried demolishing a Twirl. I tried a chocolate mousse. But nothing would satisfy that chocolate craving. I wouldn't say I am a serial chocoholic but I definitely have a sweet tooth. When I was 10, I ordered 'Death By Chocolate' cake off the menu. I am proud to say I finished it all, much to the amazement of the waitress. One of my favourite desserts is the GU chocolate dessert. The rich, melting chocolate is to die for, especially if it is coupled with a ball of smooth vanilla ice cream. So for any other chocoholics, here is my recipe for Oreo chocolate brownies. This recipe is very simple and excessively delicious.
1 packet Oreos
250g dark chocolate (over 70% cocoa solids)
250g caster sugar
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g plain flour
100g softened butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Slowly melt the butter and chocolate in a tight fitting bowl over simmering water on the hob.
2. While the chocolate and butter are melting gently, in a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Take the chocolate mixture off the heat and pour into the eggs and sugar.
4. Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda in with the other ingredients. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
5. Take a deep square tin and grease with butter. Line with baking paper.
6. Arrange the Oreos in the bottom of the tin.
7. Pour the brownie mix over. Place on the middle shelf in the oven.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.